So I have been inspired by all this blogging. Looking at all the fun creative things people do and their decorating ideas I have decided to enter the black hole! We have a room in our house that is basically a spare room, but over time it has become the room that when you don't know where to put something....you toss it in. I call it the black hole because there is so much stuff in there now if someone were to go in they may never come out lost forever!! Actually under the layers are some of my most precious things.
My grandmother was a huge antique collector. I used to spend summers with her when I was young. We had the most exciting adventures driving around looking for treasures and things to add to her collections. I have a few things that she gave me before she passed away and they always bring back such great memories.
The other things that I want to uncover are some china paintings that my aunt Billie gave me. She was a wonderfully talented painter. She did all kinds of tea sets, vases, plates and I think her favorite...dolls. I even have ones that she did of my girls that are so life like it's amazing. Her and her husband owned Paddington's pizza!(Now run by their children) You can see some of her work in the south pizza parlor they are in nice big display case. If you know Paddington's you know it's the best pizza around! I am a little bias though. Now you have a little background on why those dolls are in there. Aunt Billie passed away November, 1998 of ovarian cancer. Her husband George was killed in a car crash a 4 years later almost to the day of what would have been her birthday. He was on his way to spend time at their favorite place, their beach house. My grandmother her mother, passed two years after aunt Billie on mothers day of ovarian cancer. Strange how things work. Hard to believe that it has been that long since I have seen all those wonderful people. But I am thankful for wonderful memories and these treasures that I am about to rediscover! I am sure it will bring them close to my heart again.
I will get some pictures up once the black hole has been cleaned up a bit. I may need some decorating and display advise!
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment