So I decided today that as my three children grow-up and start becoming more independent that I need to take up some hobbies. This just might be it. This is kind of like meeting a new friend except you get to do as much talking as you like. ha ha! So as my title says this is my first. I'm gonna start slow and just see how addicting it really is. As for my last...I attended my middle daughter's last dance camp of her high school career. Her name is Amanda, she is 17, a senior and captian of the Stayton highlights dance team. 6 time state champs I should add with great pride!
As I sat in the audience today I tried my best to hold back the old flood gates but a few tears managed to slide down my cheeks despite my effort. It just took me back so many years and how all of my kids are growing up so fast. I don't really like my children growning up. I wish I had more control of time and could slow it down just a bit. I have loved every stage of my children growing up until now. I just think they should still need me, and miss that feeling of being the only one that could fix the world for them. Maybe thats a little selfish and if it is I guess I can live with it cause I just plain miss them.
Last night we were actually all home at one time, no ball games, no work, not even a friend over. My oldest daughter put in a movie...don't laugh it was the chipmunks! I just sat and watched my kids laughing, singing, dancing and of course reciting the movie word for word. It was the best. One of those moments you wish you could catch in a jar, screw the lid on real tight, and save forever. I'm just in love with my family. I know they have to grow up and move on with their lives but I just haven't had enough of those silly little moments yet.
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Jamie,
They will always need you, I guarentee you that. As for the tears, well I just call that liquid love. Thanks for the comment. This blogging is addictive. Tata for now, Pam
Hey Jamie!
Trust me this whole blogging thing is addicting =D Have fun with it
-Brandie
Post a Comment