"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." -Charles R. Swindoll

My Family

My Family
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder

Monday, December 15, 2008


Yesterday we celebrated Christmas with Ken's side of the family. He has eight brothers and sisters so usually it is a pretty big gathering. This year however due to the weather his bother Jimmy couldn't get out of Portland, so we missed his family. His sister Janelle was just here for a visit last month, they live in Kansas. Ken's Mom and Dad are flying out this week to visit his Sister Beth and her family in Ohio for a week. So we were a few short but we still managed to have a great time. We really loved the snow that fell while we were there and were disappointed that when we got home we had none!! Apparently we live in the banana belt! When Ken and I were first married we all would fit and have the whole family around a beautifully decorated table at his parents home for holidays. Now we have grown in numbers so much that they have converted the double garage into the new gathering place. It's nice. Carpet, heat lots more space and a huge tree this year! The picture Amanda took of the front of the house looks just like a post card. Their house is really a piece of art in itself. And, I love the SNOW!!!

1 comment:

My Grandkids ROCK said...

Hi Jamie,
I LOVE their house. I was just over there a couple weeks ago delivering a few trees to the farm next door. Ken's mom and dad were out for a walk. They are so cute. They stopped and chatted with me for a while. I told them I knew you guys and Harley went to school with Taylor. They are such nice people. I want to live in that house. Hope you guys are enjoying the new snow. We need 4 wheel drive to come and go from our house. I kinda like it and kinda don't. I am sad about the boys Christmas program being cancelled today. Stacy said they had their jammies all picked out. Oh well, they can put their jammies on and sing to me anytime, right? Merry Christmas if I don't see you. Love Pam