I love FALL!!! I don't really care for the rain. But I love it when the sun is shinning and the colors of the leaves when the sun bounces off them! The smells of leaves burning and cut grass in the chilly air! My house. I have most of my fall decorations out and other than Christmas it's when I like my house the most. I'm a candle freak! So it always smells like some wonderful spicy apple or cinnamon when you walk in. I guess it just fells warm and cozy this time of year. For some reason I always find more and more cute decorating things at this time too so it's probably way over done but oh well I love it! To help get me in that fall spirit, we took 92 children and adults to the pumpkin patch for our fall field trip this last week. It was amazing! The kids all had a great time and the adults too. We go every year to one called Bauman's. It's up by Gervis. These people just put so much time into this place it's spectacular. It's family run with other help of course and just the best place on earth during the fall. They have hay rides, a petting zoo, all kinds of forts and hay mazes, zip lines, and the best homemade apple cider and donuts in the world! The green houses are beautiful...you can't believe the size of some of these flowering pots and plants they have. They have a little store that has fresh produce and all kinds of goodies like pancake mixes with homemade syrup, fresh kettle corn, nuts, candies and lots of decorating things for your home....way tempting! This is a great place for that Sunday drive, in fact I'm sure I'll make it out there one more time this fall. Maybe I'll see you there!!
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." -Thornton Wilder
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Jamie,
I am addicted to that place. I told Barb it used to be that I just loved the flowers and the produce and then she had to add bakery, fudge and all that other good stuff. It is definetly one of my favorite places to go. Tata for now. Pam
Post a Comment